31 October, 2010

A sunday spent in my little kitchen

I was busy with trainings during the past few weeks and didn’t have time to update anything. Life was fast moving and I had so much to do at work till sometimes I think why I am doing this while others can just do something that they like and enjoy.

Anyway, life is all about problems which it’s our responsibility to search for the answers and solutions. So, for now, I will just be satisfied with what I have but however, trying to get my hobby into a small skill.


I was clearing my documents in my PC coz I need to send it for a reformat, so I can’t work on any photos till I get my PC reformatted. While getting it done, I am currently browsing through the net and reading up some books on photo compilation. Just hope this will increase my knowledge and skills and improve for the better.

It is a relaxed Sunday for me and I was busy preparing meals for my man and myself. I had this sudden rush to cook the whole day so I started off with getting the ingredients ready for our lunch. We had stir fried potatoes with abalone mushrooms with teriyaki sauce and stir fried broccoli with baby corn (a typical Chinese dish). When I dished out and when the foods were in our little belly only I realized that I didn’t take any pictures of my little success. As for dinner, I learned from a cooking program a recipe which needs a little extra time to prepare. I named this dish Steamed fried rice with fresh water prawns (coz this dish was to fry the rice, then steam it together with the prawns). Hmmm, the dish came out quite nicely and it was surprisingly delicious for a first timer to cook this dish.

I can’t say I’m good in cooking but I had a great mum which thought me how to cook and she even wrote a step-by-step guide just so that my dish won’t taste weird. Thanks mum…when I started working my mum kept asking me to learn to cook so that when I get married and have a husband, I can feed him full with home cooked food (Chinese always believe that, in order to make a man happy, we will have to fill his tummy with good food). However, I wasn’t bothered on learning to cook coz when I come home everyday, there will be dinner served on the table.

Now that I have a man in the house, it came in handy when I realized that I actually knew how to cook. I have the ability to figure out what ingredients to prepare for some basic food. So, I decided to go to my walking recipe library (a.k.a. my mum) for help. And yes, she thought me so much that my cooking skills drastically improved and now I can say I am able to cook some decent food to feed my man…

I will try to take some pictures of my little success next time… as for now, I need an early rest after a whole day in the kitchen.

3 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hello... not only pictures ya.. I want the recipe too!

Sheryl said...

Sure Jenny, tell me what recipe you want, then if i know how to cook, maybe i'll write a blog bout it...
I'm not a sweet tooth, so if you are asking about desserts, i cant give u any.
Besides, i dont have an oven, so there's no baking for me

I'm a full-time mummy said...

How about the Stir fried potatoes with abalone mushrooms with teriyaki sauce and stir fried broccoli with baby corn (a typical Chinese dish)?? :D