17 October, 2010

Italia Auto Grand Trip to Hatyai, 2010

It has been so long since I last posted something here however, I'm now determined to post something here more often.

Last weekend, we went for Italia Auto's grand driving trip to Hatyai, Thailand. J (a.k.a my man) took his little baby for a spin up to Thailand for the first time with other I.A members. 22 cars which consists mostly of Fiat Coupe and Alfa Romeos.

Day 1 @ 7.45am (KL)- Breakfast provided by Auto Connexion before the flag off at 9.00a.m. Everyone was pumping up food into their stomach before starting the journey up North to Thailand. As for me, knowing well I will be spending several hours in the car, I've packed up some of my stuff (i.e. PSP, pillows, a small blankie, & my little cute piggy stuffed toy) before the flag off @ Auto Connexion; J's white baby caught in the act

The journey was tremendous, at 200km/hr everyone was showing their driving skills. Before we knew it, we were already at Hatyai's border going through customs and getting our passports stamped. Of course, not to forget, J bought insurance for his car and traded some RM for Thai Baht.


7.30pm - dinner was served at the hotel with a full spread of Japanese buffet, it was awesome to see such a variety of japanese food served in Hatyai. Before the dinner, I was talking to J if the dinner would be Thai's local dishes. But, it turned out to be the other way round which was out of our expectations. We did had a great time chit chatting with other I.A members about everything from the journey up to Hatyai and the agenda while we were there.

Day 2 @ 8.30a.m (Thailand) - The day started with American breakfast at the hotel's Cafe. The I.A group hopped on to 2 vans and headed to Songkhla. First stop was to the Golden Mermaid Statue on the beach of Songkhla. The guys had a great time posing with the mermaid with weird and hilarious poses (ahem *mermaid topless* ahem).
Our next stop is to Songkhla's Aquarium. We were just in time for the feeding session, the diver treated a leopard shark like a harmless pet, hugging it like a soft toy without worrying about how wild it can be. Of course, I dont really know how dangerous a leopard shark can be though. We were all occupied with snapping photos in the dark, hoping to capture a nice piece of art on camera till we forgot our stomaches are actually growling until we made an exit from Songkhla Aquarium. Sam (I.A. president) who became our tour guide for the day finally instructed the van driver to bring us for our lunch and demanded that we would want to have Tom Yum Koong and other local food. No pictures taken on the lunch we had as we were all gobbling down what was served on the table. After our oh-so-late-lunch at 3.3opm we headed to the floating market and once we got down, we were stunned to see countless people busy bargaining for food and drinks sold my the hawker on the long boat. I was just too tired to squeeze myself through the crowd just to get a drink to quench my thirst, lucky i had my knight in shining armour who managed to get a cup of nice cooling coconut. By the time we reached our hotel in the evening, J and I were too tired to stroll the streets.

Day 3 @ 8a.m (Thailand) - Today, we'll be leaving for KL, home sweet home here we come. We had our breakfast and checked out. We were splitted into 2 groups before we hit the road back. Once again, the trouble which we had to go through at the Customs before the guys accelerated up to 190km/hr back home.


A good, fun, and enjoyable road trip to be remembered...







No comments: