17 January, 2011

A getaway to unwind

Last month, my man and I went for a short getaway down south on a weekend just to unwind after a whole year of work. Although we usually have periodic getaways but nothing beats a nice vacation before we usher in another year of work.

We packed our stuff the night before, had a good rest and drove down to JB. I’ve been to JB several times, nothing much to shop there, so, I wont have any excuse to go out shopping. We arrived in the afternoon, checked into our hotel straight away and our unwind moment kicked off. First, was a short nap, followed by a warm bubble-bath. After that, we went out for dinner at a local restaurant which serves crabs. It was marvelous maybe because I really loved crabs. I had sufficient servings of it and my stomach was finally filled with crab meat…
My cravings for crab = MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
Our night was spent at the bar at the hotel, we had our cup of drink while enjoying the music and songs sang. The night was getting late, my man and I had a stroll back to our room and we called it a night. The next day, we had our breakfast in the hotel. The first think I thought of having, was a cup of coffee and some cheese for breakfast. So, off we went to the café for our breakfast.

Coffee – Checked
Variety of cheese – Checked

Lunch was at a Japanese restaurant before we headed back to our little home in KL. As for now, a picture to summarize.


2 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Wah looks fun! Should spend more days at least la... traveling up and down over weekend a bit too tiring wor... but then, that's better than no holiday at all... ;P

Sheryl said...

Hey I'm a full-time mummy,

Yeah, it was fun although it was for just a night. As long as we've spent quality time together, anything and everything's fine... :)
Happy Chinese New Year !!