07 December, 2010

Cooking time again...

It’s cooking time again for me today since it’s a holiday for us. I had a request to cook something nice for them since my man’s siblings will go back to their own hostel tomorrow and will only come over to our place 2 weeks later. So, their request was for me to cook them chicken curry and Chinese bean curd seafood soup.

At 3pm, I was there in the kitchen preparing all the ingredients since it was quite a lot of preparation to be done just to cook something like this. Although it sounds easy to some of you, but for me, it’s a task that had my skills put to test. The whole preparation process took more than 3 hours coz I had to start from scratch e.g. peel, chop, and blend garlic, onions, ginger, etc…

At 7pm, it was dinner time, lucky thing my dishes came out well enough for them to go for second helpings and the look on their faces showed that it was a satisfying and hearty meal.

In the future, when I have funds for a small little oven, I’ll try my hands on some roasts stuff. I don’t have a sweet tooth so baking will be out of my list… maybe roasting a chicken or bake some potatoes, etc… got to start at the beginner’s level before I can be a pro like my mum…

2 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Good, remember to share your roasting recipes with me, I only have two now that I can do: roast chicken and char siew

sheryl said...

Wow... I cant roast pork. i can only cook stew chicken or pork. My mini oven will not arrive so soon, so we shall wait and see... :)
happy baking to you... loved your cookies..